Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Journal 5 Twitter

Prior to the assignment to sign up for a Twitter account, I had no desire to have one.  Honestly, I still don't.  I signed up, which was an easy process.  I chose the first 5 recommended Twitter friends that I thought would be entertaining to follow.  I don't have any friends on Twitter.  Well now I do...sort of.  I am Twitter friends with Barack Obama, Kerry Perry, Miley Cirus and a couple of more.  I received two tweets!  One was a vague thank you sort of message from President Obama himself, I'm sure.  Ms. Perry also shared a picture of her BFF Miley dressed up for Halloween. 

As far as Twitter being a tool for education goes, I'm not sure.  None of the K-6 students I know use it.  None of the friends of my Middle school age son use it either.  I assume many people do though because I hear so much about it.  From what I understand of how it works, it sounds like it could be used in the classroom.  I would use it for group responses to a topic.  For this I prefer a private social media site like Edmodo.

So, thanks for the experience, but Twitter is not for me for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment