Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Journal 4

Hi Friends,
This is a very rough plan for my classroom website.  I developed a needs analysis survey to find out what type of information is most important to the families in my classroom.  When I have these results, I'll know more about the specif links, buttons, etc.  I plan on the theme changing with our curricular theme at the time.  So for now, this is the rough plan!  Text answers are below the photos.

Site Title:  Not sure, may have students vote.  Something like Welcome to Room 7 or Sycamore_________’s.

Developer:  Lenora Hester

Rational/Focus:  The classroom website will serve as a means of communication with families.  I will use a needs analysis survey to determine what content is most important to the families.

Main Features:  Buttons will link to pages with content based on the needs analysis.  There will be  a photo slideshow of kids in action and text to describe the photos and current theme.

Content:  a themed home page will link to separate pages such as calendar, homework, ways to help your child, learning website links, a kid news page, etc.  This will depend on the parents’ responses to the needs analysis.

Target Audience:  My classroom families and students. 

Design Considerations:  The design will be based on current classroom theme such as, arctic animals. 

Limiting Factors:  I anticipate some limitations with some families being able to access the website on outdated computers.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you're having the students involve with your project by having them select the name. Great idea of having a classroom website!

    ReplyDelete