Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Journal 2


Blog Post 2
Affinity Group and Digg Stream

I joined Classroom 2.0.  I chose it because of it’s Education and technology emphasis. Also, it has a lot of members so I figured it must be good!  There is a plethora of information about webinars, virtual conferences, lessons and more and most or all is free.  This week I applied and got accepted, then customized my page. I also searched around.  Many people post valuable links to additional content.  It’s a bottomless pit! (In a good way).

Here is a link to my Classroom 2.0 Page:

The Digg Stream is a lot like Classroom 2.0 in that it there is an overwhelming amount of information out there.  I signed up for educational sights, as well as some new sights.  I like having my sources of information in one place.  It is also really helpful to have a backlog of articles to read when I have time.  I learned that a lot of teachers love teaching kindergarten, and I got a ton of ideas for my own classroom!  I look forward to having all of my favorite bloggers’ ideas in one place.

Here is a link to my Digg stream:

Where will you find the time to read and research all of this information available to you?
I don’t know.  It would be nice to have some professional development time to dedicate to researching lesson ideas and current research of what works in education.  I will suggest to my K/1 team that we use one of our 2 meetings per month, or part of one, to start doing this.  It is helpful to be able to access Classroom 2.o0 and my Digg stream on multiple devices, so I can check in on the go.

What do you think of attending virtual conferences and webinars?
I have always wanted to attend a webinar.  I was a moderator for a virtual conference for the 2013 Spring Graduates at the EMM Graduate Symposium.  That was a really great experience.  The presenters were all over the United States and there were some attendees from out of the country.  There were were, all in one virtual room, enjoying the presentations!  I will try to attend some through the Classroom 2.0 recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment